Aspire is looking forward to Summer while enjoying Spring!
I am proud to have been a part of the Camp to Belong – Wisconsin (CTB-WI) mini-camp in February where separated siblings got to spend some much needed fun time with each other, while parents of all kinds talked with me about the benefits of sibling connections and the impact of grief/loss & stress/trauma. I hope to continue to support Camp to Belong in the years to come. A big thank you to those in WI who have been open to meeting, passing the word on about Aspire & maybe collaborating including but not limited to Tim Grove from SaintA, the Development Team at Employ Milwaukee, & Rachel Galanis at Southwest Key.
In CO, I facilitated the Direct Service Provider Certificate Program in March, April & May for the 5th year in a row! It is a wonderful collaboration with the Human Services Network of Colorado and the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority CHFA Reach Program. I also facilitated Trauma Informed Care trainings at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Durango, CO in April; & will be back there in late June for a follow up training focused on Motivational Interviewing (MI) & Personality Disorders. I was fortunate enough to sneak in a one-day training for MI, De-Escalation & Self Care with WorkLife Partnership & WorkLab Innovations in May, as well. I am grateful for my work & collaboration with the Denver Public Schools Foster Care & Homeless Education Network programs, as well as the Financial Health Institute.
It is a busy Spring! I look forward to MCM Certificate and Trauma Informed Care trainings in the next few months. I’m excited for the National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS in Washington, DC next week where I’ll be facilitating the Trauma Informed Care Pre-Conference Institute & the 2-day MCM Institute. I’ll facilitate a 2-day Medical Case Manager Certificate Program training in Pittsburgh, PA in early June for the Jewish Healthcare Foundation funded HIV/AIDS programs & collaborators.
I look forward to a probable 2-day Trauma Informed Care training in Florida in/near September and the 2018 international MINT (Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers) Forum in October!
As I have said before, I am very grateful to work with wonderfully compassionate, passionate people in the helping field, including but not limited to…
- Aurora Housing Authority
- Camp To Belong – WI
- CO Housing & Finance Authority (CHFA Reach)
- CO Department of Human Services
- CO Works Professional Development Conference
- Consortium of Older Adult Wellness (COAW)
- Denver HIV Resources (DHR)
- Denver Public Schools, Foster Care Program & Homeless Education Network (HEN)
- Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation
- Hopeful Haven
- Human Service Network of Colorado
- Jefferson County DHS: CO Works, Employment First, Child Care Assistance Program, Workforce, Child Support & More
- Jewish Healthcare Foundation
- Mercy Regional Medical Center – LINK Program
- Professional Association of Social Workers in HIV/AIDS (PASWHA)
- WorkLife Partnership & WorkLab Innovations
Help spread the word & bring Aspire more fully to the WI helping field! 🙂
I am honored that I get to do this job.