Summer 2018 is flying by!
A big thank you to those in WI who have been open to meeting & possibly collaborating, passing the word on about Aspire, & hiring Aspire! I fully appreciate the warm MI welcome from the WI MINTies (they put on a great MI Conference) including but not limited to Laura A. Saunders, Vonda Benson from the WI Department of Corrections, & Rachel Galanis at Southwest Key. Tim Grove from SaintA, the Development Team at Employ Milwaukee, & others have been gracious in offering connections & possible collaboration ideas, too.
I had a great time facilitating Trauma Informed Care and MCM Certificate trainings in the last few months. I facilitated a Trauma Informed Care Pre-Conference Institute & the 2-day MCM Institute at the National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS in Washington, DC right before Memorial weekend. Soon after I facilitated a 2-day Medical Case Manager Certificate Program training in Pittsburgh, PA for the Jewish Healthcare Foundation funded HIV/AIDS programs & collaborators. I was back at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Durango, CO in June for a lively follow up training focused on Motivational Interviewing (MI) & Personality Disorders.
I am excited to co-facilitate a MI Basic training with Vonda Benson (mentioned above) in early June & August. It is fun getting acclimated to new environments. I look forward to continued work with the WI DOC, which was made possible by Rachel Galanis, Laura Saunders & Vonda Benson.
I look forward to vacation for a couple of weeks in July, then more training in WI! I am excited to present at the WI NASW Conference in October, and to attend the 2018 international MINT (Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers) Forum in October!
As I have said before, I am very grateful to work with wonderfully compassionate, passionate people in the helping field, including but not limited to…
- Aurora Housing Authority
- Camp To Belong – WI
- CO Housing & Finance Authority (CHFA Reach)
- CO Department of Human Services
- CO Works Professional Development Conference
- Consortium of Older Adult Wellness (COAW)
- Denver HIV Resources (DHR)
- Denver Public Schools, Foster Care Program & Homeless Education Network (HEN)
- Financial Health Institute
- Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation
- Hopeful Haven
- Human Service Network of Colorado
- Jefferson County DHS: CO Works, Employment First, Child Care Assistance Program, Workforce, Child Support & More
- Jewish Healthcare Foundation
- Laura A. Saunders Consulting
- Mercy Regional Medical Center – LINK Program
- NASW WI
- Professional Association of Social Workers in HIV/AIDS (PASWHA)
- WI Department of Corrections
- WorkLife Partnership & WorkLab Innovations
Help spread the word & bring Aspire more fully to the WI helping field! 🙂
I am honored that I get to do this work.