Aspire is looking forward to a busy 2018 in Wisconsin, Colorado & across the Nation!
The end of 2017 held important events in WI, including at St. Agnes Hospital in Fond du Lac for October’s Hot Topic (Community Integrated CME Program), as well as a clinical discussion group at Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation in Fond du Lac. In CO, I was honored to join the Aurora Housing Authority and the DHR Medical Case Management Roundtable. The theme throughout was stress, trauma, mental health and substance abuse issues including engagement and retention in services.
In WI, I am excited to be a part of the Camp to Belong – Wisconsin (CTB-WI) mini-camp in February where separated siblings will get to spend some fun time with each other, while parents of all kinds talk about the benefits of sibling connections and the impact of grief/loss & stress/trauma. I am excited to also serve Hopeful Haven by facilitating psychoeducational discussions with foster parents about stress/trauma.
In CO, I will get to facilitate the Direct Service Provider Certificate Program in March, April & May for the 5th year in a row! It is a wonderful collaboration with the Human Services Network of Colorado and the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority CHFA Reach Program. I will also get to facilitate Trauma Informed Care trainings at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Durango, CO in April!
I also look forward to talking more with those who have contacted me about facilitating the MCM Certificate and Trauma Informed Care trainings. And I’m excited for the National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS in May and the 2018 international MINT (Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers) Forum in October!
As I have said before, I am very grateful to work with wonderfully compassionate, passionate people in the helping field, including but not limited to…
- Aurora Housing Authority
- Camp To Belong – WI
- CO Housing & Finance Authority (CHFA Reach)
- CO Department of Human Services
- CO Works Professional Development Conference
- Consortium of Older Adult Wellness (COAW)
- Denver HIV Resources (DHR)
- Denver Public Schools, Homeless Education Network (HEN)
- Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation
- Hopeful Haven
- Human Service Network of Colorado
- Jefferson County DHS: CO Works, Employment First, Child Care Assistance Program, Workforce, Child Support & More
- Professional Association of Social Workers in HIV/AIDS (PASWHA)
I am honored that I get to do this job.